The mission of the Training Center is to provide the highest level of ethical, modern and practical training to current and future Public Safety Professionals and to prepare them for the challenges of today and tomorrow.
- How to Sign Up
- Basic Abilities Test (CJBAT)
- Cost Requirements / Fees
- Requirements to Attend Academy
- Financial Assistance
- Transcript Request
- Selection Center / EOT
- Florida Law Enforcement Academy (FLE)
- Correctional Officer (COR)
- Crossover from Correctional Officer to Law Enforcement Officer
- Crossover from Law Enforcement Officer to Correctional Officer
Criminal Justice Entrance Procedure
Your first requirement is to attend an Academy Introduction, where we will explain the requirements for our Basic Recruit programs and what is expected of you. We will also give you the opportunity to ask questions about the programs. The Academy Introduction is held in room 286 and starts promptly at 9 am or 6 pm depending on the date (Please arrive at least 15 minutes early to sign in). The introduction will last for about an hour.
Once you have attended the Academy Introduction we will email you an Academy Entrance Application. This application must be completed on a computer and printed out to be turned in with the rest of your checklist items. (Remember handwritten applications are not accepted).
Academy Introductions are hosted the 1st Tuesday and 3rd Wednesday of each month as scheduled below. You need not make a reservation; just appear at your convenience and sign-in. You may bring paper to take notes surrounding the actions that will be expected from you. Attendance is limited to individuals interested in the Academy only. Dress Code is Business Casual (see column to the left).
CJBAT DESCRIPTION: The test is very reading comprehensive, contains a lot of visuals, and has very minimal math. The exam is administered online and you will obtain instant results upon completion.
Reserve a Seat: CJBAT is administered every Monday (except Holiday’s) at WTC in room #118. Contact Joyce Seijas Testing Coordinator (352) 726-2430 x4327 or firstname.lastname@example.org) or WTC Business Office at 352-726-2430 ext 4304 to reserve your seat. Provide your name, phone number and email address. A confirmation and these instructions will be emailed to you. CJBAT may be administered on alternate dates under special circumstances. Contact Ms. Seijas to inquire.
- Reserve your seat and arrive at WTC on your exam date.
- Arrive 8 am at Student Services and submit your ID (Driver’s License) for access to school grounds.
- Go to Business Office to remit payment (cash, credit card or money order are acceptable forms of payment).
- After making payment, report to room 118F to complete the exam.
- The test takes about 2.5 hours.
- Ms. Seijas will provide a score sheet with your official test results. Retain this for future Application and document submissions to the Academy.
SCORES: Passing scores at the WTC testing center are as follows:
The Florida Law Enforcement Academy 70% and Correctional Officer 70%
CJBATs are good for 4 years from the date administered.
At the time of your Application Submission, please prepare the following documents individually and in the order they are listed. We understand that you may be at the mercy of another organization (i.e., transcripts from a University) and it is acceptable to submit without a document as long as you have initiated the effort and are awaiting fulfillment.
- Fingerprint sessions are a mandatory requirement and the fee is $75.
- Please await instructions prior to payment and fingerprint processing.
- All fees are paid at the WTC Book Store and your payment receipt is presented to the Academy Secretary.
- Schedule an appointment with your doctor or a local clinic for a physical examination.
- Your doctor is to complete the form 75B which basically states that you are fit enough to participate in our physical fitness programs, defensive tactics programs and you can be exposed to pepper spray.
- Submit the 75B along with your Application and required documents.
You will have to schedule and complete a Physical Agilities Test (PAT) which consists of a half-mile course with approximately 13 objectives including walls, ladders, hurdles, windows and doors. A detailed description of this course will be provided to you prior to taking the PAT. Please await direction from your Academy Coordinator or the Academy Secretary.
All candidates will be subject to random Drug Screening any time throughout the application or Academy duration. There is no action required on the part of the candidate unless directed.